You are here:
CALL (02) 9879 2600 or 1800 985 944
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The One Door support team is made up of trained volunteers… some tertiary students, counseling professionals, people with lived experience of mental illness, carers of people with mental illness and supportive members of the public with an interest in mental health.
There are many reasons why you may want to give us a call…
• To find out more information regarding certain mental illnesses – early intervention, symptoms, treatment options, medication information, support and therapeutic services that are available.
• Perhaps you, or a loved one has been newly diagnosed with a mental illness and are after support on what to do next?
• You may be a carer who would like to know how to support someone with a mental illness, and strategies for your own wellbeing?
• Perhaps you work with someone who has a mental illness and you want to find out what the symptoms are and how best you can support their recovery.
• You could be a student, a doctor, a community worker or simply an interested member of the public that would like to know more about mental health and the services available in NSW.
Whatever your needs, our team will be able to provide information, referrals and emotional support to callers regarding mental health.
Hear Friendly Voices
The Outreach Program provides consumers and carers the opportunity to have a catch-up and supportive chat. Participants’ of the program nominate a specific day,
time and frequency that they would like to receive calls, as a way of accessing extra support.This is especially useful for people who maybe experiencing isolation
due to being in regional areas, for those who experience social challenges, people exiting community treatment services/programs and for anyone who feels it would
benefit them to have regular contact with a volunteer as part of their support/recovery network.
Caring counsellors are available to talk to you 24 x 7 if you are in crisis.
If you are feeling suicidal, are in a domestic violence situation, feeling like you might self-harm or are mentally depressed - help is available.
Call Crisis Support Chat at Lifeline on 13 11 14.
Mental Health - 24 hour contact
Mental Health Line 1800 011 511
A 24-hour telephone service operating seven days a week across NSW.
Emergency contact numbers
In an emergency, please call 000 or go to a hospital emergency department, where they may refer you to a mental health and/or drug and alcohol service.