one day workshop
There has been a growing awareness of the extent to which people living with mental health conditions also struggle with concerns associated with alcohol and other drug (AOD) use. The combination of mental health concerns and issues associated with AOD use can significantly impact on a person, their care network and their recovery.
The purpose of this one day workshop is to provide an overview of the impact of co-existing mental health and substance use issues. The workshop will also address the importance of utilising recovery-oriented approaches when supporting people to minimise potential harms associated with AOD use.
At the end of this one-day workshop participants will be able to:
- understand the impact of substance use on people living with mental health conditions and their care network
- describe the effects of AOD on mental health
- explain the impact of AOD on mental health medications
- discuss the importance of adopting a harm minimisation approach when supporting people living with co-existing mental health and AOD concerns
- understand the guiding principles for supporting people with co-existing mental health and AOD conditions
- explain how recovery-oriented principles can underpin supporting a person living with co-occurring mental health and AOD issues
- describe strategies to support a co-ordinated approach for supporting people living with mental health and AOD conditions.
To discuss your specific needs please phone: (02) 9879 2600 or email us