two day workshop
Motivational interviewing is a collaborative, person-centred approach for communicating with a person about choice and change. The purpose of this two day workshop is to guide participants through the spirit and practice of motivational interviewing.
By the end of this workshop participants will :
- identify a framework for understanding motivational interviewing
- discuss the ‘spirit’ of motivational interviewing
- discuss the implications of ambivalence and its impact on motivation and change
- explain the process of change and the relationship between importance, confidence and readiness for change
- discuss the concepts of ‘sustain talk’, ‘discord’ and ‘change talk’
- identify key skills for assisting people to explore ambivalence and express their reasons for change
- demonstrate strategies to support people to develop a plan for change.
To discuss your specific needs please phone: (02) 9879 2600 or email us