You are here:
Now in its sixth year, the Wellness Walk is the creation of Larry Smith. Larry started up the Wellness Walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge after going to New York and participating in the NAMI Walks over the Brooklyn Bridge in support of mental health and fighting stigma. The NAMI Walk now takes place in more than 80 locations across the USA.
This year more than 50,000 people in more than 85 communities across the USA will walk in support of mental health. The NAMI Walk has grown exponentially, ours is just beginning.
There are two walks to choose from; either a mini 2km walk around the beautiful Royal Botanic Gardens or a 5.9km across the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and back. At the start/finish line in the grounds of Government House you can enjoy the Wellness Festival.
This year there’s even more to enjoy with the Wellness Festival kicking off your pre-race excitement and greeting you at the finish line to celebrate your achievement.
- Warm up with our pre-race activities or grab yourself a coffee to get the heart going.
- Meet Dan Hunt and some of New South Wales' top NRL players.
- Hula-hoop your way to face painting, then head on over to the photo booth to get a snap.
- After the walk prizes are up for grabs with awards for Kids Best Dressed, Largest Team and Most Funds Raised (team and individual prize).
- Enjoy live music with Elly-May Barnes and James Van Cooper on the beautiful grounds of Government House, Sydney.
- Reward yourself with a sausage sizzle, you deserve it.
You'll have plenty of time to celebrate with your family and friends at the Wellness Festival, which runs from 8 am to 12 pm.