two hour workshop
Working with Families and Carers focuses on the role and importance of carers and families, outlining the various roles they undertake; their legal definition and rights; their experience of mental illness in terms of impact and needs, while identifying services available to assist them.
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- outline the experience and importance of carers
- outline the ‘life course’ of the carer
- describe the impact of mental illness on carers and families
- identify particular needs of carers
- identify services to assist carers and families to look after themselves.
To discuss your specific needs please phone: (02) 9879 2600 or email us